Press Release: MTAC Goes To 11 Announces Voice Actor Guests!
2 April 2011 by Staff
NASHVILLE, TN – MTAC is welcoming a plethora of voice actor guests to this year’s Easter event – MTAC Goes To 11!
- Robert Axelrod – Robert is the voice of Lord Zedd and Finster on the “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers”. The Lord Zedd voice is one of the most recognizable character voices around. He voiced Armadillomon and Wizardmon on “Digimon, Microchip, The Punisher’s sidekick, on “Spider-Man”, Rico on “Robotech”, and has voiced countless Anime features including “Akira”, “The Big O”, “Cowboy Bebop”, “Brain Scratch”, et al. He was a regular character on Saban Entertainment’s “Wowser” series (as Ratso Catso), “Journey To The Heart of the World” (as Scarface), “Hallo Spencer” (as Elmer), and more. He just finished narrating the mockumentary “Safety First: The Rise of Women” and voicing four Anime series: “Gaiking”, “Danguard Ace”, “Captain Horlock”, “The Adventures of Nadja”, and “Fist of the North Star”.
- Yuri Lowenthal – Yuri is an award winning author, actor and producer. He is best known for his voice acting work in such roles as Superman (“Legion of Superheroes”), The Prince of Persia (“PoP: Sands of Time”), Jinno/Kuma (“Afro Samurai”) and Ben Tennyson (“Ben 10: Alien Force”), as well as VG’s including “Persona” 3 & 4, “.//hack”, “Saints Row” and lots of anime (“Naruto,” “Gurren Lagann,” “Code Geass,” “Kyo Kara Maoh” and “Durarara!”).
- Vic Mignogna – Vic has been acting for stage and screen since he was 8 years old. But he started his career in anime a little over ten years ago as Vega in “Street Fighter II”. Since then Vic has been in more than a hundred and fifty shows and video games, known for such roles as Edward Elric in “Fullmetal Alchemist”, Tamaki Suou in “Ouran High School Host Club”, Fai in “Tsubasa Chronicle”, Dark in “DN Angel”, Kurz in “Full Metal Panic”, Broly in “Dragonball Z”, Kougaijji in “Saiyuki”, Ikkaku in “Bleach”, Yukito in “Air”, Takanaga in “Wallflower”, Tatsu in “Peacemaker”, Luciano in “Code Geass”, Virgil Walsh in “Trinity Blood”, Hikaru in “Macross” and many more.
- Tara Platt – Tara is an actress, author, producer and business woman. In the world of acting, she is best known for her voice work as Wonder Woman (“DC VS MK”), Dream Girl (“Legion of Superheroes”), Temari (“Naruto”) and Cutie (“Barbie Fashionistas”), as well as roles on “Ben 10″ and “The Regular Show.” She’s also worked on numerous video games, including Tron Bonne (“Marvel v Capcom 3″) and Raine Sage (“Tales of Symphonia”). She’s traveled the globe attending conventions and signings for fans world-wide.
- Eric Stuart – Eric will be making his first stop at MTAC. Eric has starred in hit shows including “Pokémon” (Brock, James, miscellaneous pokémon), “Yu-Gi-Oh!” (Seto Kaiba), “Viva Pinata”, “Ultimate Muscle”, “Dinosaur King” (Dr. Z), “Kirby”, “Slayers” (Gourry), “Chaotic”, “Sonic X”, “TMNT”, “GoGoRiki”, in addition to voicing many national radio and TV commercials and audiobook narrations for Audible.com. Eric has also provided voice direction in “Pokémon” and “Yu-Gi-Oh!”
Pre-register for MTAC Goes To 11 to see these guests, a ton of musical acts, panels, contests, cosplay, anime and more. Pre-registration is available until April 15 at http://mtac.net/?p=register and come in three-day, two-day, one-day and group memberships at cheaper rates than the cost at-con. Lifetime memberships are also available in limited quanity for $250 each. Donations for the Japan-America Society of Tennessee’s TN Tomodachi Fund for Japanese relief effors can also be accepted via our registration page.
For more news, stay tuned to http://mtac.net and follow MTAC at http://twitter.com/mtac and http://facebook.com/mtac.net.
Based in Nashville, Tennessee, MTAC is a non-profit corporation currently producing its eleventh annual convention. The Middle Tennessee Anime Convention produces events related to Anime, Manga & relevant Popular Arts, providing enthusiasts and the public at large with a forum for patronage and education thereof.
MTAC Goes To 11
April 22-24, 2011
Sheraton Music City – Nashville, TN