APE Announces First Round of Guests for 2011
The Alternative Press Expo (APE) is this October 1-2. APE is produced by the same not-for-profit that puts the San Diego Comic-Con on, though it’s held in San Francisco instead of SD. The convention is dedicated to small press, indie comics, and alternative sequential art producers. And the small press and indie are my favorite part of Comic-Con.
2011′s APE event is starting to take shape, and it looks like it’ll be a particularly interesting one.
APE 2011 Special Guests
There is a handful of Special Guests already confirmed for 2011′s Alternative Press Expo.
- Kate Beaton, cartoonist and creator of webcomic Hark! A Vagrant!
- Daniel Clowes, artist and writer (seminal comic book series Eightball, screenplay for Ghost World)
- Craig Thompson, writer/artist of acclaimed graphic novel Blankets
- Matthew Thurber, writer/artist of 1-800 MICE
- Adrian Tomine, writer/artist of acclaimed series Optic Nerve
- Shannon Wheeler, Eisner nominated cartoonist and creator of Too Much Coffee Man